History of the Carlisle Congregational Church
The Carlisle Congregational Church is situated on top of the hill on School Street in a newly constructed building completed in 2003. Its building is new, but its history reaches back to 1781 in the Town of Carlisle when it was initially founded by Rev. Paul Litchfield with 30 members. In 1828 26 church members ceased to worship at the Town Meetinghouse in order to maintain their evangelical witness, which has continued to this day. The church was incorporated on July 3, 1903 under the name of The Carlisle Congregational Church, by which name it continues to be known.
For the past two centuries it has been faithful to a sound Biblical witness. It is associated with the National Association of Evangelicals, and is a member of the Conservative Congregational Christian Conference.
Page updated Wed 03/28/12 by Deb